Tusani joined Shandu Attorneys in April 2017 as a Candidate Attorney and was appointed as an Associate in 2020. In 2015, the final year of his Bachelor of Laws Degree at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Tusani participated, and took a joint second position, in the 44th Ellie Newman Memorial Moot Competition, a prestigious competition which gives final year law students an opportunity to exhibit their practical legal skills and has produced some of the finest legal minds in the law fraternity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Tusani has expertise in the business transactions and business agreements disciplines. He also assists in the provision of business law solutions in business dispute resolutions and commercial property disciplines.
- Part of the team of Attorneys advising 3Sixty Financial Services Group Proprietary Limited (a subsidiary of NUMSA Investment Company Proprietary Limited) in its acquisition of the majority of the entire issued shares in the capital of Salt Employee Benefits Proprietary Limited. Transaction value: R 170m+. 2019.
- Part of the team of Attorneys advising Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited in its acquisition of shares in Celrose Proprietary Limited from Edcon Limited. Transaction value: R 181m. 2019.
- Part of the team of Attorneys advising Mathupha Capital Proprietary Limited in its acquisition of the Aveng Rail business from Aveng Limited. Transaction value: R 133m. 2018 – 2019.
- Part of the team of Attorneys advising First Avenue Investment Management Proprietary Limited in a series of transactions with MMI Finance Proprietary Limited involving the merger and amalgamation of certain collective investment funds and the financing of the said transaction through the loan and equity transactions. Transaction value: R 10m. 2018.
- Part of the team of Attorneys advising Liberty Group Limited, Liberty Two Degrees and Tuscaloosa 131 Proprietary Limited in Phase II of the development by the abovementioned companies of a 200-bed hospital in Richards Bay, KwaZulu Natal to be operated by Melomed. Transaction value: R 100m. 2016 – 2017.
- Part of the team of Attorneys providing business dispute resolution advise in respect various disputes emanating from contractual agreements e.g. breaches, enforcement, execution, collections and recoveries, settlement negotiations, from inception to settlement or litigation and the drafting therein, for various corporate clients including Foskor Proprietary Limited, 360 Financial Service Group Proprietary Limited, Numsa Investment Company Proprietary Limited, Doves Group Proprietary Limited, Adcock Ingram Holdings, Adcock Ingram Critical Care Proprietary Limited and the Industrial Development Corporation.
- Part of the team of Attorneys assisting with collections and evictions on behalf of JHI Retail Property Limited, a division of Excellerate Real Estate Services Property Limited (Cushman & Wakefield), in respect of the numerous short, long and fixed-term lease agreements at shopping centres owned by Liberty Group Limited, Vukile Property Fund Limited, Redefine Retail Proprietary Limited and managed by JHI, situated in various portfolios ranging between Mpumalanga, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Bloemfontein.
- Part of the team of Attorneys assisting with recoveries on behalf of the Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa, in respect of the numerous loans advanced by the Land Bank to various borrowers and in respect of insurance products offered to customers in the agricultural sector (e.g. crop cover to farmers) by the Land Bank Life Insurance Company SOC Limited, a subsidiary of the Land Bank.
- Part of the team of Attorneys assisting with collections and evictions on behalf of Mutodo Properties Property Limited, a subsidiary of Simeka Capital Holdings Property Limited, in respect of the numerous short, long and fixed-term lease agreements at properties owned by Mutodo, situated in various portfolios located in Johannesburg and Pretoria.